Students in the June 2016 Institute, a week-long seminar with a theme of "The Classical Schools of Counseling and Their Relevance to Pastoral Issues."
To see more photos of past Institutes and the students who attended, visit our Institute Photo Gallery.
To view interviews with students who have attended an Institute, please click here
The Graduate Theological Foundation provides the opportunity for students to engage in on-site intensive weeks of study at the administrative offices of the GTF through attendance at a GTF Institute. These Institutes are offered four times a year and cover a variety of topics relevant to ministry professionals. Each Institute runs for five days (Monday-Friday) on a specific theme consisting of two separate seminars, morning and afternoon.
To learn more about GTF Institutes please click any of the links below for a full description of each seminar.
November 6-10, 2017 -- Registration deadline: October 23, 2017
- a.m. Exploring Options in the Practice of Ministry
- p.m. Examining Approaches in Pastoral Care and Counseling
June 11-15, 2018-- Registration deadline: May 14, 2018
- a.m. Defining Ministry in a Changing World
- p.m. Clergy Stress and Satisfaction in the Workplace
September 10-14, 2018 -- Registration deadline: August 27, 2018
- a.m. Meaning and Personhood in Psychotherapy
- p.m. Personhood and Relationships in Psychotherapy
- a.m. Clinical Psychology in the Pastoral Setting
- p.m. The Nature of Ministry in Pastoral Care Professions