The Bachelor of Theology degree may be earned in Islamic Studies with all courses offered in the Arabic language. All students applying for this degree must have five years of post-high school, professional-level paid or volunteer work experience in a Muslim religious community. Students taking this degree may go on for graduate study in the Arabic language for the Master of Theology or Doctor of Philosophy in Islamic Studies at the Graduate Theological Foundation.
The GTF awards professional baccalaureate degrees, the Bachelor of Religious Education, Bachelor of Theology and Bachelor of Sacred Music, which are built upon practical skills needed to function professionally within the student’s chosen field. The GTF makes a distinction between a professional baccalaureate degree and a liberal arts degree. While a liberal arts education attempts to provide a broad foundation of general studies, the professional degree provides a concentration in practical skills which may be exercised in the student’s profession.
The Bachelor of Theology in Islamic Studies is a 120 credit program and takes a minimum of 18 months and a maximum of 48 months for completion.
- Completion of the Undergraduate Portfolio* to provide evidence of five or more years of post-high school, professional-level paid or volunteer work experience in a social service ministry or faith community
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Foreign students must hold the equivalent.
- Completion of the Application Procedure which includes two letters of reference.
- Students are expected to thoroughly familiarize themselves with the Student Handbook of the year of their acceptance with particular focus on their degree program. Students are bound by the academic and financial requirements of the Handbook in use at the time of their acceptance. The current Student Handbook as well as past years’ Handbooks can be viewed here.
- Completion of a 120 credit hours taken from the GTF’s Islamic Studies faculty or fulfilled through transfer credit based upon review of the Undergraduate Portfolio.